Bedfont Lakes Country Park (map of area) is situated on the western edge of the London Borough of Hounslow, close to Heathrow Airport, and is bordered on two sides by the Borough of Spelthorne.
Satellite Map of Bedfont Lakes Country Park
The ground is a closed landfill site contained by a clay cap and topsoil. In 1988 the area was landscaped and developed
as a Country Park. The north side of the Park has flourished into an excellent habitat for flora and fauna, birds, bats and
other wildlife species, but the land is divided by a railway track and the south side of
the Park has only recently been opened up to the public and needs development to the same standard as the north side.
Friends of Bedfont Lakes Country Park is a growing group of local residents who are committed to securing the future of Bedfont Lakes for the peaceful use by local residents and all visitors. Our aims and objectives include:
- Providing a voice for all users of the park
- Securing funding enabling development of the park and in turn the public use of the park
- Promoting good relations and communication with all users of the park
- Encouraging local participation at all levels in the development and use of the park
- Organising events that develop, promote and improve Bedfont Lakes including fund raising events
We are committed to the peaceful future and development of
Bedfont Lakes Country Park.